Intuit GoPayment, which lets anyone who sells products or services get paid via mobile devices, is one of the first mobile payment apps being developed for Android 3.0, Honeycomb.
Building on the capabilities of Honeycomb, GoPayment allows people and businesses selling products or services to process credit card payments no matter where they are–on the road, in a store or at their home.
GoPayment for Honeycomb lets users:
- Take photos of frequently sold items – Using a device’s camera, save time by photographing products and storing details to create a visual product list to quickly take customer orders.
- Drag and drop frequently sold items from a product list – Quickly complete a sale by dragging and dropping items into the shopping cart and easily add or delete items as needed.
- Work within an easy-to-view, large-screen environment – Easily view transactions and work faster when processing payments on a tablet.
- Find data quickly – Find items in a product list or locate past transactions using new search capabilities. Authorize transactions with touch screen signature – For added security and professionalism, customers can quickly sign a tablet’s touch screen to authorize their transactions.
- Swipe cards within seconds – Save time and money by swiping a card instead of entering numbers manually with support for a variety of credit card readers. All compatible card readers also encrypt the credit card data for added protection.
“We are excited about bringing one of the first mobile payment apps to Honeycomb,” said Chris Hylen, vice president and general manager of Intuit’s Payment Solutions division. “We are continually looking to support the newest mobile platforms and devices so that more people can start taking credit card payments no matter where they are.”
Availability and Pricing
Intuit will publicly demo GoPayment for Honeycomb at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain, from Feb. 14 to 17 at the Android booth. GoPayment for Honeycomb is expected to be available this spring on Android Market.
The GoPayment app is free and offers various pricing plans including no monthly fees and a free Intuit Credit Card Reader for people who are just getting started. For those who frequently process credit cards, there is also a plan with lower rates for higher-volume processing. GoPayment has no set-up, cancellation or gateway fees.
More information: GoPayment
Source: Business Wire