Chase has entered into a strategic agreement with Mitek Systems, Inc., a developer of advanced-image analytics and mobile-document-capture applications, to develop a suite of innovative image-capture solutions across multiple smartphone operating systems.
“Mitek’s Mobile Deposit product helps us deliver on that promise by making mobile check depositing convenient and quick, across a variety of platforms.”
The agreement enables Chase to build on the success of its award-winning QuickDeposit feature by deploying Mitek’s mobile-banking and advanced image-capture and analytics products across a variety of smartphone operating systems. QuickDeposit allows customers to deposit checks anytime and anywhere with a click of their mobile phone camera.
“Customers demand an efficient and reliable mobile-banking experience from Chase,” said Jack Stephenson, managing director of Mobile, Ecommerce and Payments, JPMorgan Chase. “Mitek’s Mobile Deposit product helps us deliver on that promise by making mobile check depositing convenient and quick, across a variety of platforms.”
Mitek President and CEO James B. DeBello said: “At Mitek, we enhance the consumer’s mobile-payment experience with advanced capabilities for depositing checks and paying bills that are accurate, secure and easy to use. We are proud to partner with Chase for the use of our patented software solutions.”
In addition to its QuickDeposit feature, Chase provides consumers with industry-leading mobile banking services, including:
- Award-winning Chase mobile banking applications for iPhone and Android users.
- Text Banking: allows customers to request from any mobile phone and receive within seconds their account balances and transaction history on checking, savings, credit card, mortgage and home equity accounts.
- Instant Action Alerts: text messages are sent the moment a checking account balance falls below a pre-selected amount; the customer can then instantly transfer funds through a text-message reply.
- Chase QuickPay feature is now available for iPhone users, allowing them to send money to and receive funds from virtually anyone who has signed up for the service with an e-mail address.
- Mobile Chase.com website, offering standard services for all mobile banking customers.
Source: Business Wire