As the Mobile Money industry continues to grow, this has led to increased access to financial services as well as the development of new financial instruments around the world. Now, more than ever before, Mobile Money products and services are on the rise.
Since its inception, the GSMA Mobile Money Summit has brought together key players from every sector of the industry, providing an environment to forge relationships, expand ideas and foster the growth of Mobile Money.
This year’s event will be held at the Marina Bay Sands, and will include:
- Conference agenda focusing on the latest topics and developments within the Mobile Money ecosystem
- Exhibition showcasing innovative Mobile Money products and services
- Forum for Mobile Money networking and deal making with the C- Level leaders of financial services institutions, mobile network operators, development organizations and solutions providers, as well as regulators and policy makers
Mobile Money Facts
- More than 1 billion customers have access to a mobile phone but no access to formal financial services
- There are more than 90 live mobile money deployments around the world, 27 of which are in South Asia
- Over 80% of these deployments are in developing markets
- Research has shown that mobile money products and services create significant revenue benefits not just from transactions but also cost savings from airtime sales along with churn reduction and a rise in ARPU. Mobile Money generates profits.
Week at a Glance
The Conference and Exhibition will be held on 28-29 June, with invitation only events occurring on the 27 and 30 of June. While the event schedule is still being finalized, the week’s events will include:
Monday, 27 June 2011
Executive Regulatory Workshop
This workshop, led by Bankable Frontier Associates, explores the link between regulation and strategy and explains the most important regulatory concepts of mobile money. Attendees work through a case study (similar to Harvard Business School case studies) and participate in a role-play with a Central Bank. In the role-play, participants have to convince a Central Bank to change a given regulation and receive honest and worthwhile feedback from the regulator on the effectiveness of their argument. This workshop is invitation only.
7th Mobile Money for the Unbanked (MMU) Working Group
The GSMA MMU Programme is designed to extend the reach and reduce the cost of Mobile Money services for the unbanked in developing countries. MMU Working Groups gathers the key players within the mobile money industry – mobile network operators, financial institutions, development organisations and mobile money technology providers – so that they can share their latest insights and best practice. This is an invitation only event.
Tuesday and Wednesday, 28-29 June 2011
This year’s Conference Agenda will address the most current and cutting edge topics affecting the Mobile Money marketplace. Topics include:
- Business Models: A look at Emerging Asia
- Untapped Markets & Opportunities for Mobile Money
- Perspectives from Banks & Operators
- Agent Networks: Successful Distribution for Mobile Money
The Mobile Money Summit Exhibition creates opportunities to meet face to face with key players in the Mobile Money eco-system. Here is a preview of some of the companies you’ll meet at Mobile Money Summit:
Mobile Money Accelerator Classes
The Mobile Money Accelerator classes are back for Mobile Money Summit 2011. Once again these classes are designed for practitioners new the mobile money space with an interest in understanding the roadmap to commercial launch, the required partnerships, investment estimates and the business case. Special focus will be given to introducing and addressing the days conference agenda and providing background material on each of the topics.
This year we will also approach the topic from two angles; that of the mobile operator and that of the financial institution. The classes are open to all Mobile Money Summit Attendees and will run from 7.30am each morning before the main conference.
International Cocktail Reception, sponsored by VISA
Being held on Tuesday, 28 June from 17:30-19:00 after the last conference session.
Join your fellow attendees for a cocktail to continue discussing the topics of the day, make connections and expand your Mobile Money network.
Thursday, 30 June 2011
Leadership Forum – By Invitation Only
More information: Mobile Money Summit 2011