The Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp is an in-depth view of the payments landscape. The program provides an intensive, two day “deep dive” into payments systems in the U.S. – providing a unique cross-payments system view of this important industry. Throughout the two days, the Payments Boot Camp will focus on ensuring an understanding of how current trends and issues will affect the status quo and on how new and emerging players may complement – or threaten – the industry incumbents.
The program uses the U.S. payments industry as the basis for the course, but will also explain how other country payments systems differ from those in the U.S.
What’s on the Agenda?
The two days are divided into four sections. Each section is designed to encourage interactive participation by the audience.
- Day One: The Payments Systems
- Overview – Payments systems designs, functions and uses; payments systems volumes and the dramatic shifts in actual and projected payments usage; key trends and issues in payments systems in the United States; how payments systems compare by economic model, regulatory environment, processing support and risk management
- Perspectives – How each of the key constituents of the industry view payments; economic and other motivations; how behavior is changing and why. Constituents include consumers, banks, merchants, billers, enterprises, networks, processors, and service providers
- International Payments – How other country payments systems compare to the U.S.; major trends in payments systems worldwide; cross-border payments
- Day Two – Emerging Payments
- Framework – What are emerging payments; success factors for payments startups; key “building blocks” used for emerging payments products and solutions
- Thinking Mobile – Ways to think about payments in a mobile world; key questions across the domains of payments
- Emerging Payments by Domain
- The eCommerce Domain – This has been the focus of innovation over the past 10 years in the U.S .payments industry. Includes an overview of the global eCommerce marketplace; eCommerce market segmentation; a PayPal case study; other online wallet providers; bill-to-mobile providers; virtual currencies and social payments
- The POS Domain – Where the action will be for the next 10 years! Includes chip cards and the U.S. shift to contactlesss and EMV; mobile at POS (both NFC and other technologies); mobile card acceptance; mobile marketing
- Bill Payments – Multiple consumer options, all growing at the expense of check; a surprising set of emerging payments solutions and related PFM (personal financial management) solutions
- P2P Payments – Bank and non-bank offerings; business model challenges; cross border remittances
- B2B Payments – New ACH and card products; why checks are still important; handling cross border payments
- Income Payments – Payroll cards and direct deposit onto prepaid cards
More information: Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps — Payments Essentials