BOKU, Inc., an online mobile payments provider, has released the production version of its 1-Tap Mobile Billing for Android, now live in 56 countries. The developer SDK opens up significantly expanded revenue opportunities to Android developers via direct carrier billing for in-app purchases, along with a consumer reach that spans the globe. Once integrated, BOKU’s production Android SDK provides users with a simple 1-Tap purchase process that does not require the collection of credit cards, financial information, user login, or registration through a third-party website.
“When we developed the beta version, the reaction was tremendous and the value to developers was immediately clear,” said Erich Ringewald, CTO of BOKU. “The production version released today includes global country coverage, faster end-to-end transaction time, clear messaging to consumers and enhanced error handling. All these new features help to increase conversion rates to merchants while providing a seamless and secure purchase experience.”
To make an in-app purchase via 1-Tap a customer selects an item to purchase and taps “Buy” to confirm. The process works like this:
- After the user chooses what to buy, the developer makes one simple call to start the transaction.
- The user confirms on-screen with one tap of a button and without further interaction, the transaction completes within seconds.
- The user can then continue in the application and the charge appears on their mobile phone bill.
An SDK library is available for Android developers on the company’s website. To make use of the service developers only need to request access. BOKU’s Android support team will then contact the developer to send them the SDK.
Once BOKU’s service is integrated into the application, in-app mobile billing is made immediately available to the application’s consumer base with broad coverage across more than 56 countries with no need for additional work on the part of the app developer. Some of the primary features available to Android developers through the BOKU SDK include:
- Easy integration of BOKU SDK into any new or existing Android app
- 1-Tap Purchasing through Carrier Billing in 56 Countries
- No User Registration or User Login and Password
- Secure Transaction Authentication and Carrier Billing provided by BOKU Payments for Android
- Supports Android OS 1.5+
- Localization support for 32 languages
- Supported countries include: Argentina, Australia, Bahrain, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Jordan, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, UK, US, Venezuela, Vietnam