The 2010 holiday season posted record sales in mobile commerce. Track mobile commerce’s progress over the holidays, lessons learned and best practice for 2011 in this free Webinar.
Many retailers launched mobile sites, applications and other mobile initiatives to either drive sales on the medium or to retail stores. What were the lessons learned from these mobile commerce initiatives?
Mobile Commerce Daily is hosting this webinar, featuring Andrew Koven, president of ecommerce and customer experience at Steve Madden, New York, and Joy Cicman Liuzzo, senior director at market researcher InsightExpress.
Mobile Commerce Daily editor in chief Mickey Alam Khan will moderate.
Happy Holidays or Not: Mobile Commerce Lessons Learned, and Best Practice for 2011
Date and time
Wednesday, Jan. 26, 2 p.m. – 3 p.m. ET
A recap of how mobile commerce performed over the 2010 holidays, what went right and what could have been done better, and best practice for 2011. Research on mobile shopping behavior will also be presented.
- What did retailers and brands get right with mobile in the 2010 holidays?
- Examples of retailers that integrated mobile in the holiday mix: popular strategies and tactics
- The Steve Madden case study: how the footwear and apparel retailer deployed mobile in the multichannel context, what worked, what did not and takeaways for 2011
- Research from InsightExpress on mobile holiday behavior
- What opportunities did retailers miss by not including mobile
- Lessons learned
- Best practice for 2011
More info and registration: Webinar Registration