Yankee Group today opened the call for submissions to its 2011 Best of 4G World Awards. Open to any company, the awards recognize the best companies, products and innovations within the wireless and mobile supply ecosystem. The final selection of winners will be made by an independent committee and will be announced at the Meet the Press & VIP Party for 4G World 2011 on Oct. 24 in Chicago, IL.
4G World is the largest event in the world covering the entire ecosystem of next-generation technologies and business models that power the mobile Internet industry and economy. This year marks the third annual 4G World awards. Winning entries will receive 4G World Wall of Fame recognition during the show, a filmed executive interview featured on the 4G World Web site, a profile in 4G Trends and visibility in a Best of 4G Awards Winners press release and Web site.
This year’s award categories are:
- Best new mobile device. Unique and thoughtful uses of connectivity in an everyday device.
- Most innovative network deployment. Innovative deployment strategies to deliver the next generation of wireless services.
- Most innovative network infrastructure. Innovative infrastructure solutions that help network operators use spectrum more efficiently and increase network capacity.
- Best mobile app for a smartphone or tablet. Cutting-edge content designed for the small screen.
- Best user experience for mobile. Creative solutions for seamless and simple experiences across a myriad of mobile devices.
- Best mobile commerce solution. Original solutions for mobile banking, transactions and couponing and near field communication.
- Best overall innovation in mobile. Groundbreaking contributions, be they application, device or network innovations, that have resounding implications across the industry.
In addition to these open nomination categories, all 4G World exhibitors will be eligible for the special Best in Show at 4G World Award, which will be voted on by conference attendees.
Award submissions are open until Aug. 29, 2011.
For more information: 4G World
Source: Yankee Group